Recently, I’ve received some great advice from several enthusiastic users. I want to say thank you!
I’ve made a few commit since the last version 0.8-r102:
- Fixed a bug when dealing with default wep key
- support both dhcpcd and dhclient configuration file
- support reading dhcp clientid and hostname
- fixed a bug when dealing with global setting
- Improved hex and ASCII key differentiating
Several people are confused with baselayout/openrc init scripts when using NetworkManager. It doesn’t matter. I will write another article to explain their relationship and how to make them work together. Actually there’s already one article talking about openrc scirpts.
Now I’d like to let you know my next plan.
Because Gentoo is moving to /etc/conf.d/network, I will try to make the plug-in compatible with it. When the migration is completed, I hope this plug-in will work properly without further modification.
Redhat, Suse and Ubuntu have already pushed their plug-in to upstream NetworkManager. I hope we could do the same thing. I will contact Dan when our plug-in is stable enough. Certainly there may be several good advice from him.